1. Warming up with setting your goal: What are you going to accomplish in the next 40 minutes?
Start your sentence with "I will..."
2. Taking time to get your English 10 self into shape:
Is your summary-response done?
Have you included a title?
Have you removed all editing comments (including mine)?
Have you successfully submitted it to the "Final Draft" folder in www.turnitin.com?
Remember these are due by 3 pm today.
Do you need to retake any grammar quizzes?
Do you need to revise any of your old reading journals?
Are any of your grades in IC incorrect? Come talk to me right now.
Are you on schedule for your independent reading book?
Are you caught up with your Kite Runner reading and journals/annotations?
Do you aspire to be ahead of the game? Chapters 9 and 10 are due Tuesday.
3. Signing up for fishbowl discussion and enjoying a round of Scattegories to review Kite Runner vocabulary for Chapters 1-6
1. Something you might find in an affluent household.
2. An unscrupulous celebrity.
3. A food you disdain
4. An example of unruly behavior in the classroom
5. A trend that is fleeting
1. A store where an impeccably dressed person might shop
2. Something you might implore your parents to buy for you
3. Something you would say to feign happiness
4. An animal that makes you feel trepidation
5. A viable excuse for missing curfew
1. Make sure your summary-response final draft is in the "Final Draft" folder in www.turnitin.com by 3 pm today.
2. Read Chapters 9 and 10 in The Kite Runner for Tuesday; complete your reading journal or five annotations.