1. Introducing you to the world of noredink.com
- Setting up your accounts:
- 1st hour class code is heme9ehc
- 3rd hour class code: x7em8a4w
- Playing around on the website
- Time to start your first assignment: Apostrophes 1
2. Warming up by manipulating your customer with color
In advertising, what emotions do you think the following colors are meant to evoke? Try to think of a brand that utilizes each of these colors in their ads:
3. Analyzing the complex little worlds of commercials
Please click HERE for the reading journal and dedicate one row to each of the following "layers":
Layer 1: The visual (What images do you see?)
Layer 2: The music (What kind of music/background noise do you hear?)
Layer 3: The voiceover (What words are being spoken? What kind of voice is speaking them?)
Layer 4: The text (What words appear on screen? Does this commercial have a slogan?)
Layer 5: The product (What is being advertised? To whom? What aspects of this product are being emphasized in this commercial?)
4. Trying out our newfound skills with a film clip
1. Complete your Noredink assignment on apostrophes today; prepare for a QUIZ on Friday.
2. Please watch the short movie clip from Batman Begins linked HERE; fill in at least one side of the reading journal to unravel the layers of this clip. Here a few things to keep an eye (and ear) out for:
a. The visual: Important images, colors, movements, postures, clothes, facial expressions, etc.
b. The music: How would you describe it? What tone does it help create?
c. The voices: What words are spoken out loud? Why are they important?
d. The central character: What can we infer about him and how?
3. Bring your independent reading book to class on Friday.
4. If you're planning on purchasing your own copy of The Kite Runner, you will need it next Tuesday.