1. Warming up: Celebrating your outer circle fishbowl successes from yesterday!
2. Recapping Fishbowl expectations:
- Everyone should have his or her Kite Runner book and annotations out. This applies to both the outer and inner circles.
- Reference the text frequently, reading passages aloud and giving people time to find the right page numbers.
- Leaders can and should jump into the discussion as well.
- All participants in the outer circle should include at least one quotation in their blogs to receive full credit.
- Outer circle participants must participate on the blog throughout the entire discussion; you should not disappear for large periods of time.
- If you haven't read, you should not participate in fishbowl. Instead, use this time to read and post on the blog tonight for homework.
3. Entering Fishbowl #1: Chapters 9 and 10
4. Wrapping up the discussion with a "whip-around" (go around the circle and state what went well and/or what we need to improve upon and/or one take away from today's discussion you have regarding The Kite Runner)
5. Starting Chapter 11 together
1. Prepare for Thursday's fishbowl by reading and annotating Chapters 11 and 12. Fishbowl leaders should finish this reading tonight so that they have time to prepare a syllabus.
2. Start studying for Friday's vocabulary quiz over Chapters 1-6; we will review these words tomorrow with a little game.
3. Keep bringing your annotations/journals to class so that they can be checked off.