1. Warming up with a quick yet enjoyable mini lesson on leading into quotations
2. Taking the www.noredink.com quiz: "Leading Into (Embedding) Quotations" when you are ready
3. Relaxing into your independent reading book (20-25 min) OR working on your essay
4. Figuring out the basic structure of the response and taking time to begin yours
- Topic sentence
- Three pieces of evidence/quotations (from the article or elsewhere)
- Each one should have a lead-in and citation
- One-two sentences after each quotation explaining how it supports the topic sentence
- One possible structure: 1st Claim => Counterclaim => 2nd Claim/Rebuttal to Counterclaim
- Another possible structure: 1st Claim => 2nd Claim => 3rd Claim
- Concluding sentence
1. Finish the first half the response for Monday; complete your entire rough draft by Tuesday.
2. Independent reading.