If you have not yet signed up for your fishbowl dates, please do so now.
1. Warming up with an overview of fishbowl (and your reflections on fishbowls past)
2. Reviewing Level 1 and Level 2 questions and forming sample fishbowl questions
Sample Level 1 and 2 Questions:
- What happened to Amir's mother?
- How does the way Amir's mother died impact Amir's relationship with his father?
- What was happening politically in Afghanistan in the 1970s?
- How does the political unrest of Afghanistan mirror the inner turmoil of Amir's family?
To prepare for our sample fishbowl today, please prepare FIVE questions with your assigned partner on Chapters 4-8 (look to your journals and sticky notes for help). At least FOUR of them should be Level 2 questions, but feel free to ask a Level 1 question about anything that's confusing you.
Wondering what to do on the outer circle? Click HERE to see a sample fishbowl blog.
3. Trying out fishbowl discussion in ten minute intervals so that you get to try out at least two of the roles
4. Debriefing what worked well and what didn't work so well in today's practice fishbowl
1. Read Chapters 9 and 10 for tomorrow; fishbowl leaders need to prepare their syllabus and print hard copies of it for each leader and for me. Discussers should be ready to discuss.
2. Our vocabulary quiz over Chapters 1-6 will take place this Friday.
3. Independent reading.