Focus: What does it mean to burn a book?
PLC: Shortened Class
1. Warming up with highlights and lowlights from yesterday's fishbowl discussion
2. Reading F451 or working on banned book speech while I check in with students who are handwriting 3-columned notes/journals/sticky notes
3. Cooling down by unlocking the powerful story behind "Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out."
In whatever medium you're using for your reading journal, please uncover the following:
1. What's the story behind that quotation? What's the historical context?
2. How does it fit what's happening in F451?
1. Read through page 40 in F451 for tomorrow and complete whatever type of journal you've chosen.
2. Spend 5-10 minutes flipping through/playing a game with your F451, Part 1 words on quizlet. We will have a vocabulary activity on Friday that will resemble the PSAT; you will want to be somewhat familiar with the words, but memorization is not required.
3. Continue preparing your banned book speech.