Please have your signatures and banned book proposals on your desks.
1. Warming up with a few quick refreshers on capitalization
2. Putting your brain to the test by taking www.noredink.com quiz on capitalization
3. Diving into your banned book with this question in mind: Should this book be banned? If not, what makes it worth reading/teaching? What parts make (or made) it controversial?
4. Finishing the film version of Act 1 with same focus as yesterday:
In your "In-class Work" document, please try out the following tasks:
- Find two symbolic choices made by the director. Consider the actors, colors, objects, movements, and anything else that involved the director making a specific choice in turning this play into a film.
- Why do you think he made these choices?
- What did the film specifically help clarify for you?
1. Spend at least thirty minutes reading your banned book.
2. Finish your Act 1 word trace entries and keep an eye our for my feedback.