Focus: What battles has Amir encountered on his road of trials? Has he won yet?
1. Warming up: Click HERE to view the road of trials
In your hero's journey notes, please respond to the following with your partner:
a. In your own words, what is the road of trials?
b. In your own words, what is the brother battle?
c. In your own words, what is the dragon battle?
d. Look back to your three movies. For one of them, identify the brother battle and the dragon battle.
e. In your opinion, why must every hero endure a road of trials? A brother battle? A dragon battle? How does it help define him (or her) as a hero?
2. Bringing it back to The Kite Runner: Has Amir faced a brother battle? A dragon battle? Has he defeated anything yet? What's it going to take?
3. Entering fishbowl discussion #3: The Kite Runner, Chapters 14, 15, and 16
1. Prepare for Thursday's fishbowl discussion by reading Chapters 17 and 18 with your five annotations/journal entries.
2. 3rd hour: Study for tomorrow's vocabulary quiz.