Focus: What changes at the end of The Kite Runner, and why?
1. Warming up by reading our way into the ending with the following focus on shifts (feel free to use sticky notes or any extra space on your reading journals):
Find one thing a character says out loud that shows a shift in that character. How has this character changed and why?
Find one thing a character does (an action, a facial expression, etc.) that shows a shift in that character. What kind of change does it indicate?
Find one symbol that has changed somewhat throughout the book. How has it changed? What might that shift signify?
Identify some interesting images on the final two pages of the books. What pattern/tone do they create?
2. Enjoying our final fishbowl discussion on The Kite Runner!
3. Wrapping up: What question does this book pose? What kind of answer does it offer?
1. If you're catching up with your Kite Runner annotations, please do so tonight.
2. Bring your independent reading book to class tomorrow so you can work on your speech.
3. Want to revise your essay? Come on in for a conference, kids!