1. Warming up with a sample great speech by Shawn Achor
- What's the first thing he says (his attention-getter)?
- What's his thesis? In other words, what's the purpose of his speech?
- What are his main points?
- How does he use screen behind him?
2. Planning your speech; click HERE for a mind-blowing overview
Click HERE if you prefer to type your outline.
3. Wrapping up by augmenting your vocabularies
1. Finish up today's vocabulary exercise if you didn't finish during class.
2. Work on your speech outline. Bonus: Work a vocabulary word into your speech!
3. Enjoy a rare weekend free of reading and essay writing.