Focus: Is a perfect life a happy life?
1. Warming up with a preview of The Truman Show (click HERE for a trailer): Look back to yesterday's statements on the blog...try to reply to one with a possible connection to this film
Ex: AndrewJ2018April 12, 2016 at 6:47 AM
2. Explaining how to set up your notes for The Truman Show
Please start a new document called "___________ (your last name) Truman Show Notes" and place it in your F451 folder. Though I don't often grade notes, I do assess these.
This document will eventually be worth 40 points in the growth category.
Include the following categories in your notes:
a. Characters: Names, personality traits, clothes, things they say
b. Motifs/symbols: Specific objects that seem symbolic, what they might represent, and how they change throughout the film
c. Questions: Level 1, 2, and 3 questions; try to answer them at the end of the film
d. Connections to Fahrenheit 451: Be specific and original (these will form the backbone of your essay)
3. Starting The Truman Show
1. Check Infinite Campus for Round 3 of your reading journal grades; if you're handwriting, make sure you bring them to class each day until I check them.
2. If you're giving your presentation tomorrow (April 15), make sure you are prepared.
3. Schedules are due Wednesday, April 27th by 2:16 pm in the counseling office. If you turn in your schedule late, you will be last in arena scheduling. Don't be that guy!
4. Click here for next week's testing schedule.