Focus: Can one book/one person really make a difference?
1. Warming up with Kathryn Otoshi's One
2. Thinking about the significance of one book/one person in your think tanks
Topic #1: What do you think was the author's purpose in writing One? In other words, if you think about little kids reading this book, what effects might it have on them? Can you think of any books (children's books, young adult books, or high school books) that helped shape who you are and how you see the world? How so? Had you grown up entirely without books, like the people in F451, would you be different?
Topic #2: In F451, who or what might be "red"? "Blue"? The number 1? The other colors?
Topic #3: Can one person truly effect a change in society? Can you think of examples? What has to happen for Montag to be that person?
3. Enjoying F451 Fishbowl #5: Pages 80-102
1. Your next reading assignment isn't due until Thursday, but it's the long one: Read through page 139 for Thursday and prepare for our penultimate fishbowl.
2. If you're giving your presentation this Friday, April 8, now is the time to prepare.
3. ANY MAKEUP WORK/REVISIONS FROM THE LAST SIX WEEKS ARE DUE THIS FRIDAY. THIS INCLUDES MISSED FISHBOWLS.