1. Warming up: Sketching some bear baiting and attaching multiple metaphorical meanings to it
a. Draw a bear baiting arena complete with the following items:
- A bear
- Some dogs
c. Find ONE direct quotation from Act 3 that connects to the symbolism of bear baiting, and write it at the top of bottom of your sketch.
d. Posting a thesis statement on today's blog that goes something like this: Polanski uses bear baiting to reveal/suggest/expose/(any strong verb) that...
2. Skipping 3.5 (with good reason), finishing 3.6 with a focus on what kind of king Macbeth is, and acting out the ghostly scene of 4.1
3. Working on the apparition chart to prepare yourself for the play's ending
1. Update your word trace entries for 3.6 and 4.1.
2. Complete your www.noredink.com assignment, Active vs. Passive Voice, Part 2, before class on Friday.
3. Finish your apparition chart if you did not do so in class today.
4. Banned book reading (due Feb 22).