1. Warming up with a quick verb tense game
2. Optional: Retaking the active vs. passive voice quiz on www.noredink.com
3. Banned book reading OR word trace (re)working
4. Composing a thesis statement on your word traces that combines your word with a larger theme
Thesis: In Macbeth, Shakespeare uses the motif of _______________ (your word) to expose/encourage/criticize/suggest/assert that...(larger theme).
Sample thesis: In Macbeth, Shakespeare uses the motif of blood to show that humans are not born evil; they develop it through an insatiable desire for power.
5. Viewing the film version of Act 5
1. All revisions, make-up work, grades that need to be changed, etc. due today.
2. Banned book reading (10 days left...and the countdown begins).
3. Final word traces due today.
Just a heads-up: We're going to be turning our timed writings into polished essays next week.