1. Hitting "restart" (or "revision," "re-imagination," "renew," "realize," etc.): Renewing expectations we need to have in place to make this unit work.
New folder: Imagining/Inventing the Future
New doc inside that folder: Space
2. Rethinking our school's use of space (you can either write your responses or sketch, take a pic of your sketch, and upload it to your doc):
- What do other schools look like?
- What kinds of learning do their physical spaces foster? How?
- What appeals to you personally? Why?
Microsoft's School of the Future (Philadelphia)
Forest kindergarten (Switzerland)
India's School under a bridge
New Zealand's school with no rules
School lunch in Japan
Why does Finland have the best education system in the world?
10 most unusual schools
High pressure schools in South Korea
Elementary school kids imagining future schools
TED Talk on schools and 21st century skills
3. Taking a tour of Arapahoe:
- What do our learning spaces look like (feel free to take pics)?
- What kind of learning do they foster? How?
- What appeals to you? Why?
- What would you change? How? Why?
1. Take 15 more minutes to continue working on #3 (Arapahoe's physical spaces) OR to continue watching and responding to some of the links above.
2. BRING YOUR BANNED BOOK TO CLASS TOMORROW.
3. Finish up your www.noredink.com assignment on FANBOYS; brief "quiz" tomorrow.