Please turn in Kite Runner books and journals/annotations if you didn't have them yesterday.
1. Warming up with a quick writing prompt:
- Have you ever felt a long way gone?
- What do you think it means to be a long way gone?
- Thinking about the front and back of this book, what are the possible multiple meanings of being a long way gone for Ishmael Beah?
2. Finishing your webquest from yesterday (with incentives, kids)
3. Closing: Reading the first page of A Long Way Gone together: Why open with this setting and this conversation?
1. Finish your webquest if you did not finish in class. These are due tomorrow.
2. Finish your www.noredink.com assignment, "Parallel Structure" by tomorrow if you did not finish in class. Open-note quiz on Friday.
3. Keep working on book talks (we have a bunch on Friday).
4. Remember that all make-up work, revisions, etc. are due this Friday.