Monday, November 16, 2015

Talking About Books: November 16, 2015

Focus: What are the qualities of a strong presentation?

1. Warming up with a quick reflection on book talks so far:
  • Start a Google doc, call it "Letter to Self," and place it inside your English 10 folder.
  • Think about which presentations have stayed with you, either because of something you saw on a slide, or someone's attention-grabber, or someone's ease with presenting.
  • Take no more than five minutes to write your future self a note that goes something like this:

Dear Me,

Here are some of the things I've noticed about people's book talks so far: 

In my future presentations, I will prepare by...

I will avoid...

I will be better at....

I will make sure...

I will accomplish...


2. Enjoying our penultimate round of book talks

3. Finishing the parallel structure quiz, if time allows

HW:
1. Read and annotate Chapters 3, 4, and 5 in A Long Way Gone to prepare for tomorrow's fishbowl.

2. If you haven't given your book talk yet, please prepare for Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment