1. Warming up with your final www.noredink.com quiz of the semester: Connecting Clauses, Take 2
2. Offering you sample found poems from your peers and giving you 10 minutes to finish creating yours
3. Exploring the practice exam: walking through the directions and performing a group close reading of "Flight 93"
- Moments: Images, word choices, the title, punctuation, structure, and other things that cause you take a moment and pause
- Movements: Patterns and shifts
- Multiple Meanings: Themes/big takeaways
If you haven't done so recently, LOOK AT YOUR GRADES. Monday, December 14 will be the last day to turn in any revisions or make-up work for this class. NO WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
Sample e-mail from Tuesday, December 15:
"Dear Ms. Leclaire,
I know that yesterday was the last day for late work, but I just got around to writing a blog from a missed fishbowl, revising my hero's journey essay, and finishing my Kite Runner annotations. Can you please grade those? I really need an A in this class.
Thanks a lot! You're a great teacher.
No. I cannot grade those. You have had plenty of time to complete those assignments, and you missed the deadline. Better luck next time. Happy holidays!"