1. Warming up with "Connecting Clauses: Cheat Sheet"
2. Taking the www.noredink.com quiz on connecting clauses
3. Reflecting on your hero's journey essays and your overall growth as a writer
4. Reading Chapters 15 of A Long Way Gone, keeping in mind the focus questions above and video clip we're going to watch on classical conditioning
- As you watch the clip, respond to the following question: What is classical conditioning?
- Reflecting on Chapters 12-14, consider the following question: How did the adult soldiers use classical conditioning on the child soldiers?
- Making predictions for upcoming chapters, think about the following question: How will Ishmael's brain need to be reconditioned to become "human" again? What obstacles will he face?
Please read and annotate Chapter 16 (and finish 15) in A Long Way Gone by Monday.