1. Warming up with an quick overview of your final exam
2. Reading and reacting to an article on child soldiers
As you read this article, find three separate sentences, copy each into your A Long Way Gone brainstorming document, and simply let yourself react to each one.
3. Entering A Long Way Gone Fishbowl #3: Chapters 12-14
4. Wrapping up with the following question:
- What happens to a child (mentally, physically, emotionally) when he becomes a child soldier?
- Another way of looking at it: What parts of himself must he leave behind? How does this happen?
1. Finish "Connecting Clauses, Take 1" on www.noredink.com if you have not yet done so.
2. We will read Chapter 15 in class tomorrow; whatever we don't finish will be homework for Monday.