Focus: What greater, thematic understanding of A Long Way Gone does Beah want us to have?
1. Warming up poetically: creating a found poem to understand themes in A Long Way Gone
2. Enjoying Fishbowl #5: Chapters 17 and 18 of A Long Way Gone
3. Wrapping up with big takeaways (thematic statements)
1. Finish reading and annotating A Long Way Gone for Thursday, which is our final fishbowl. I would recommend reading at least Chapter 19 tonight.
2. Please finish "Connecting Clauses, Take 2" on www.noredink.com by Thursday. It takes around five minutes.
3. Monday, December 14 will be the last day to turn in any revisions or make-up work for this class. NO WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.